Friday 5 April 2013

Red Hill Market


I have been in love with handcraft forever; my auntie taught me to crochet when I was a little girl back in Croatia. It was tradition. As I grew older, I abandoned this outlet for my creativity to pursue my carrier.
For a long time I did not create anything. And then the making of things came back into my life. It's been almost a year now since I've turned this creative pleasure into a business and about four months I've been coming to markets.
Although I was very nervous the first time I did it (and I did not do half as well as I had hoped I would!), now I am totally in love with the concept. Markets are so much fun and I have met so many beautiful people!

The feedback you get at a market is priceless. You can’t get it over the internet or from your friends. People's eyes sparkle when they see something they like, their lips curl ever so slightly in politely hidden displeasure when they are looking at something they dislike. I love that!
Of course, I especially love positive feedback on my own work. I have been to Made in Thornbury Craft Market, Mornington Racecourse Market and Makers Market at Abbotsford Convent and they all delighted me.  

Customers and stall holders are very friendly. One of the interesting things they told me is: it gets even better as you keep coming back. People remember you and your work, even if it doesn’t seem like that to you. Needless to say, I didn’t believe it until I saw it for myself.

Last weekend before Easter I was at Flemington Craft Market, it was my second time there. It was really awesome! People DID remember! Both me and the things I create! I was overjoyed! 

So, I‘m especially looking forward to this Saturday: I will be at the Red Hill Market organized by Craft Markets Australia. And it will be my second time there! Can't wait.  
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely post Anonija! So glad that you are enjoying your business so much. You have made me smile. Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fiona! that warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ι'm not sure why but this website is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll cheсk back lаter and
    ѕеe if the ρгoblеm still ехiѕtѕ.


    my blog :: weathershield hd car cover reviews

    ReplyDelete